Monday, June 5, 2023

Bad Owie

I got up at my usual bright and early time, showered, got dressed and headed out to my Doctors office for a blood draw. I have an appointment with Dr. Mooney on Wednesday and they always like to have a fresh report on what my blood is doing.

Afterwards, I stopped at Ferguson's CafĂ© for breakfast and then off to the local Sherwin-Williams store for some paint for the deck. I spent over $60 for a gallon of what had better be really good paint.

I got in the truck and proceeded to the exit of the parking lot that would put me on Division Street. I was going to turn right onto the busy street and was waiting for an opening in the traffic. Looking to my left, a lady in an SUV stopped in front of the parking lot exit and I figured she was letting me into traffic. She actually had stopped because a transit bus had stopped in front of her and just to my right to let a rider off.

Thinking she was letting me in, I proceeded into the first lane of traffic and drove into the back of the bus.

I saw the bus immediately but couldn’t stop fast enough. My passenger side front corner bumper hit the corner of the buses rear bumper. I barely tapped it but it was enough to cave in my bumper.


There was no damage to the bus fortunately. The driver had to call a supervisor who was on the scene in about ten minutes. She took all the information about the incident including my license and insurance.

I guess I need to find out if this dent can be pounded out. I don't think I'll contact my insurance. No need to get this on my record if I don't have to. 

So that was my morning.

No comments: