Monday, March 27, 2023

Zeus Day One

I began being a Guinea Pig today with my first injection of the drug they are testing in this Zeus Trial in am participating in. I don’t know if I got the drug or a placebo. I guess I’ll find out in four years.

In other health news, my weight finally dropped below 220. I weighed 219.8 this morning. There’s two weeks to go in Lent. I’m hoping to get lower but I have very low will power.

We’ll see how I do.

Okay, I went ahead and published this post and then looked at the Blog and realized I haven’t said diddly squat about this drug trial I’m in.

About a month ago, I had a routine appointment with Dr. Mooney, my cardiologist. In the course of the appointment, she mentioned that I might qualify for a research study about a new drug in development.  

She asked if I was interested and I decided I was.

I’ve been going through several tests involving blood draws and echo cardio grams and the like.

One of the benefits of participating in this study is the increased level of care I will be getting. For example, the afore mentioned echo told me that my ejection fraction is at 30%. It’s actually slightly improved since my last echo. This echo cost me nothing.

In fact, I am paid a small stipend to participate and they pay for my parking every time I visit the office.

From here on out, I will be getting an injection once a month. Nurse Nicole gave me the injection today but next month, I will give it to myself under her watchful eye. After that, I will give it to myself at home.

The name of the drug is Zeptimab and it is supposed to control inflammation in the body. 

So that’s the update. You’re all caught up.

No comments: