Wednesday, May 29, 2024

The Saga Begineth

Back on May 15th, I had an appointment at Providence Medical Center for a Stress Test. The test involved a bunch of breathing sessions where I have a mouthpiece and breath normally until the technician tells me to take a deep breath and blow blow blow blow blow blow blow blow blow until I almost pass out. That goes on for an hour. 

After that torture, they put me on a stationary bike, mouthpiece firmly in mouth, and make me peddle until I almost pass out.

All of this was a precursor to an appointment I had on May 17th with Dr. Diedre Mooney, my Cardiologist. I started seeing her a couple of years ago. She is one of the lead doctors at the Heart Institute office of Heart Failure and Transplanting.

I have asked her in the past whether I’m a candidate for a transplant. She has said, “No, not yet.”

At this appointment she said, “It’s time to put you on the transplant list.”

My stamina has not improved since they implanted the pace maker last September. My blood pressure has been all over the place. A few days ago, it was 90/63.

So the saga begins. I have many appointments coming up in the months ahead. I have to have all kinds of tests to determine my viability for a transplant. I shall be stepping up my posts on this site in order to keep track of everything that is going on, something I should have started after my heart attack 33 years ago.

Stay tuned!


No comments: