Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Holiday Sphincter

We have a total of four skywalks to decorate for Christmas this year. Two of them are for Riverpark Square and two are for the Spokane Transit Authority.

Jenni Knoll, who works for STA, wanted us to use their logo in a few of the windows we paint. It’s just a little round circle with a stylized S and T in it.

Susan used it in some snowflakes and I used it with some snow men and snowballs. (All my snowmen have snowballs)

Jenni e-mailed me last night and said she loved what we did but to hold off on the second skywalk until she got back to me today.

It turns out that the Communications Dept. at STA was not happy with using the logos. Since they were painted on with a primitive stencil I designed, they weren’t quite round enough.

The long and short of it is they wanted them removed. Jenni asked me how much to remove and fill in with more flakes and I told her 200 bucks.

This actually worked out great for us because painting the logo was very time consuming.

It took us no time to scrape off the logos and fill them back up with an appropriate image.

In the course of doing this work, I had to stop and use the bathroom.

STA currently has a program where they have shut down all their bathrooms and only allow one person at a time for no longer than 10 minutes. This is due to all the illicit drug activity that goes on in their bathrooms.

There was quite a line so I decided to walk over to Riverpark Square and use their facilities.

As I walked over, it became clear that I needed to get there as soon as possible. I don’t know how the sphincter knows how far away the bathroom is, but it does.

As I got to the entry of the bathroom, the Bombay doors opened. It was a horrible mess. I used half a roll of that shitty public restroom toilet paper and I must have flushed 7 times.

I walked back to the skywalk and told Susan about my predicament. I quickly finished off painting the images I had to do.

It was still early in the day and we planned on getting started on the other skywalk.

We hauled all our stuff over to the skywalk and Susan got to work on her snowflakes.

I slinked home, threw my clothes in the wash and threw my ass in the shower.

How humiliating!

And now I have shared it with you.


No comments: