Saturday, August 8, 2026

Fulfilling the Daily Goal

I've just returned from a bike ride around the neighborhood. I logged another seven miles which covers my daily goal for today. I plan to go out later and add some more mileage. I don't want to fall behind in my goal to get to 1,000 miles by Labor Day.

It's a nice morning, perfect for getting out on a ride while it's still cool enough to enjoy the surroundings. I actually took notice of some houses I've never really paid attention to before. There are lots of really interesting houses around this neighborhood. Nice yards, weird locations and then the ones who have just given up on their yards.

I don't think I could do that. I'm far too concerned about what people think of me to ever let my yard go to hell like some of these. They clearly just don't give a shit.

I should point out that my yard is far from a showcase. but it is mowed and mostly green-ish.

The funny thing is that my two side yards, which nobody really sees, are in great shape. Green, lush and nice looking.

Okay, stand by and let's see if I get back out there and add some more miles.

11:12PM: I managed to get a few more miles on the bike. I need 207 more miles to make my goal. I'm pretty confident I can do it.

No comments: