Saturday, August 22, 2026

Saturday Festivities

I am working the winery today so I have lots of time to update this Blog cuz there usually nothing else to do when I work here.

I’m really starting out with a handicap because I forgot my reading glasses. I never go out without them. That, and a pen which I also forgot. I feel naked!

Without the glasses, I can’t read very well and without the pen, I can’t write at all.

I was working in the yard all morning putting up a gate at the east end of the Carriage House. We always store a lotta crap in that little slot and it looks like a place with a lotta crap. 

So, with a new gate, we can’t see all the crap. 

It pretty much took me all morning long to put these gates together and get them installed. They’re just frames right now that I have to attach lattice to. They don’t fit quite right so I need to do some fine tuning to them, but at a later date. I’ll get the lattice on the frames tomorrow and that should get the heat off me for this project…at least for a while.

In the course of doing this project, I worked up a powerful sweat and the accompanying B.O. that goes with the powerful sweat.

So I quit working on the yard project at noon and got myself into the shower. A change into clean clothes and I am a new man with no pen and no glasses. So, that’s how all that came to be.

2:30PM: I have just spent the last hour visiting with a Wine Club Member who comes in from time to time when I” ve been working here. It seems like he comes by to get out of the house. And drink some wine.

I now have about an hour and a half to go. I think I’ll nap.

No comments: