I think I have all but ensured reaching the 1,000-mile goal on my bike after todays' 24.6-mile endeavor. I only have 16 miles to go and a week to do it in. I'm glad I ordered the extra-large seat but my ass is still a bit angry with me.
Today I rode out to Seven Mile and back. I went out on one side of the river and came back on the other side. It was a good two-hour outing on a very pleasant trail. I went out to the George Wright Cemetery and continued out towards Seven Mile.
This portion of the trail was still closed off. It made a little more sense because I rode through an area where the fire definitely came through. There have clearly been crews working the area as there was heavy equipment sitting idle along the trail all along the way. I think most of the dangerous trees had been cut down so I really wasn't worried about riding through the area.
I crossed the river on the Seven Mile bridge and returned to downtown along the river road that goes through Riverside State Park. It's a little bit hair-raising on that road because it is so narrow. Fortunately, today it was very lightly traveled while I was on it and everyone gave me a lot of room.
There were a lot of people in the park downtown. You really have to keep a sharp eye out and I have found it's best to yield to everyone.
Now that I'm home, I'm going to take my sore ass and kick back for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment