Tuesday, October 8, 2024

PFT Number One

Today we had an appointment with Lance at the Providence Pulmonary and Sleep Disorder Clinic. We have been looking forward to this appointment because it seems to be the last hurdle to get over to get on the Heart Transplant List.

I had to be there at 7:00 for a PFT. That's Pulmonary Function Test for those of you without lungs.

It turns out that the test was all for naught because nobody told me to discontinue Trelogy for 48 hours before the test. Trelogy is an inhaler I suck in every morning. It's supposed to open my airways.

Anyway, I had the test and then Susan and I waited for about 45 minutes for the meeting with Lance.

Lance is a nice affable guy who is a respiratory therapist, I think. He's also a very large man with an artificial leg. That doesn't bother me at all except for being treated by a guy who has some pretty big health issues in addition to me.

Lance went over the results of the test and they weren't great. I definitely have some lung issues being able to exhale strongly and some other stuff. I do not feel very confident for the results of the upcoming test since I will be off the Trelogy which is supposed to be helping me.

Stand by for NEWS!

No comments: