Wednesday, October 9, 2024

SSA Help Line

I just got off the phone with a woman from Social Security who has to be one of the most humorless people I have talked to on the phone.

I called because today is the day my Social Security posts to my bank account. It wasn't there when I checked my account this morning.

You may recall I have had some difficulties with my accounts because of a Low Life MoFo Scammer that tried to rip me off.

In the course of trying to repair the damage, I had to redirect my SSA Direct Deposit to a new account. That account number is 509 3825 968. (If you use the corresponding letters on the phone to those numbers, you’ll get a message that tells you I’m not giving you my account number.)

So I called the SSA Help Line and gave them my number for a call back. I'm glad I didn't wait on the line because it took an hour and 39 minutes for the lady to return my call. 

During that time, I called my bank and learned that the money was there, but in the old, closed account. They would move it to the right account by the end of the day.

So the humorless lady from Social Security called me back and I told her I had resolved the problem with my bank but I wanted her to help me with a new login system that SSA is changing to.

While she was on the phone, I went through the process of signing up to the new program. The website would not let me create a new account. It kept saying there was already an account associated with the email address I provided. 

OF COURSE THERE WAS AN ACCOUNT ASSOCIATED WITH THE EMAIL ADDRESS I PROVIDED. IT'S MINE!!!

We got to the point were she was not able to help me,. Nor could she direct me to anyone who could help me.

For the time being, I have access to my SSA account on line but I'm not sure what will happen when they switch over. And the wonderful sourpuss on the phone had no idea when that transition would happen.

Needless to say, I left an unflattering report with the after call survey. I wonder if anyone will follow up on that.

Not holding my breath.     

No comments: