Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bicycle Day

I rode the bike today. I tried something new. I timed myself from the driveway to the curb at the Bus Stop. My time was 9:30. Now I have a bench mark to beat.

I had one mishap on the ride where I was trying to beat a Para Transit Van to an intersection. I beat the van but as I bounced across the street, my tail light fell off the bike and smashed across the pavement. To make matters worse, the van ran over the main part of the light as he made the turn. I'm positive he aimed for it. Bastard!

I tried my best to go as fast as I could during the trip downtown. But I have a long way to go before I will be able to substantially challenge that nine and a half minutes. I was huffing and puffing pretty well when I reached the top of the one little hill I have to climb.

We'll see how it goes!

No comments: