Sunday, February 2, 2020

Drivers License Renewal

I went out early this morning to go to the Department of Licensing to renew my Drivers License. It expires in about a month. I decided to get the Enhanced Drivers License which will allow me to fly within the states, Canada and Mexico.

I gathered all this information I needed including my birth certificate, proof of address, proof of Social Security Number, my vehicle registration and my old license.

I was expecting it to take an hour or more just because it's the Dept. of Motor Vehicles and they are notorious for long waits.

The biggest problem I had was driving to the office on the north side of town. That one is closed on Saturdays. So I Googled Wa. D.O.L. and confirmed the Valley office was open until 2:30.

So instead of getting there at 8:30, I arrived about 9:45.

The amazing thing is that I was out of there in about 20 minutes. It was a breeze. I waited about 10 minutes before I was called up and then another ten minutes to do the paperwork and take a picture.

I considered darkening my beard because of all the gray. In the end, I decided I'm just not that vain.

No comments: