Sunday, March 5, 2017

Virtual Gout

I think I have alluded to this in a previous post but today I really mean it. I finally realized this morning that the gout in my right knee has finally abated.

It's taken forever. More than a month, I think. There is just the ever so slightest twinge of pain when I move my knee. It's almost as though it's a phantom pain that makes me cringe out of habit more than any actual pain it causes me.

I have taken myself off the Cholchrys that I have been taking and switched to Allopurinol. That is the medication that helps to keep gout from developing whereas Cholchrys pounds it into submission when you have an outbreak of gout.

I managed to avoid Planet Fitness all last week. I cannot do that this week. I plan to be there tomorrow and Tuesday, and then hopefully again on Thursday.

I don't know how much good it is doing but I know it is not doing me any harm to be exercising.

No comments: