Thursday, August 15, 2024

Still Waiting…and Likely To Be For A While

I got a call late yesterday from Lisa, the coordinator of the Heart Transplant program. She said that after looking at the results of the breathing test I did yesterday, they are not happy with the condition of my lungs. They need to work on some therapy or new meds before they can present me to the board for a thumbs up or a thumbs down.

Apparently, right now, I’m a thumbs down.

The other news I got was the Liver Doctor I’m supposed to see, can see me sooner that October First. Now, she can see me on September 30th. That’s right, a whole day closer.

I took my first walk with the Oxygen Generator this morning. Susan and I walked a mile around the park and I was quite spent when we got home. I can’t tell that it made a difference but I’m sure it didn’t hurt me. Except that it’s kind of heavy.

In other health issues, I’ve been dealing with this bug bite on my left wrist for about a month now. The first picture I took of it was back on July 26th. 

Since then it got pretty angry but it was improving.

Here’s a picture taken last week.

I left it uncovered for a couple of days after that point and that might have been a mistake.

Here’s what it looks like today.

I’ve be wrapping it up for several days now but it does not seem to improve…or get worse. It is not showing any signs of infection. It is not warm and there are not red streaks traveling down my arm. It just oozes a clear fluid that really soaks up sterile pads quickly. 

The nurse is coming tomorrow to change the dressing on my PICC line so I’ll have her take a look.

No comments: