Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ski Day Number Three

Susan and I celebrated my birthday by driving to Wallace, Idaho yesterday. There, we stayed at the Jameson Hotel. I would describe this place as how you might picture an old hotel in a frontier western town. It has a total of six rooms. There are no phones or TVs. There are no bathrooms in the rooms but there are a couple of bathrooms and showers down the hall.

On the main floor, the woodwork is beautiful and they have a wonderful old bar. We enjoyed a nice dinner and then walked around town to visited several bars.

We got up late this morning after having drank too much last night. The clocks all moved ahead an hour last night so it was even harder to wake up at 8 when it really was nine.

It takes less than 20 minutes to get to Lookout Pass from Wallace. We got ourselves together and managed to log 10 runs over the next several hours. They had fresh, light ankle deep snow and it snowed all day while the sun faintly shown through the clouds.It was a great day, but man oh man, we are feeling it now. Susan is soaking in the tub right now and I may be in there after her. My left knee particularly feels the stress of the ski day. It doesn't really hurt but it feels weak.

So now I'm a year older and because of everything I ate this weekend, I am sure I'm even farther from my goal.

No comments: