Monday, June 5, 2017

Bike to Work 1

For the first time this season, I rode my bike to work today. 

To refresh your memory, the definition of me riding my bike to work is that I ride my bike two miles downtown to catch the bus, which I then ride for the next 12 miles, and then bike the final 1/2 mile down Appleway to work.

It was pretty chilly on the ride downtown but I persevered and made the trek. I was rewarded with this beautiful view.
The river continues to run pretty high. It is getting close to getting shut down for the summer which means I have again missed some prime white water canoeing.

Today is also the day they decided to start a major road project out here at Liberty Lake. I think they are resurfacing Liberty Lake Drive, which is the first busy cross street you come to upon exiting the freeway.

It took 20 minutes to travel the last half mile off the freeway. It's going to be a long summer.

When it came time to head for home, I left early to head of to the Park & Ride. That way I will be assured of getting my bicycle a place on the rack...which only holds two bikes.

Because of the traffic, the bus was 20 minutes late. There was no quick way out of Liberty Lake at 4:30.

When I got on the bus, there was nobody on it. As we passed all the stops on the way out of the Double L's, nobody got on. It was just the Bus Driver and me. 

As it turned out, the Driver was a guy I know through Susan. His name is Jax and Susan used to work with him at Catered4You.

We had a great time talking and driving the bus to downtown.

No comments: