Monday, April 13, 2009

Finally Had Enough

It seems that I have finally reached the point where I am disgusted enough with myself that I willing to make some changes and work to get my fat ass in shape. I opted out of running most of last week and did yard work instead. Well, that is not a valid trade off. I got a lot of work done in the yard but I still have a lot of junk in my trunk. Or more precisely, ma bellie. (You have to say those two words with an Irish accent like Fat Bastard)

One of the things that finally sent me over to the health side is my continued payment of membership dues to a club that I do not attend. It is embarrassing how much I pay for the honor of never going there. If I was smart, I could have figured out many hundreds of dollars ago that I could not go there for a lot less!

So tonight, I went to the club. I got on the cross country trainer for 20 minutes and I got on a treadmill for thirty minutes. I did a little lifting and then I retired to the steam bath. That made it all worth it.

Another item I have added to my health regimen this week is to stay away from fast food. I eat crap almost every day and that has to stop. Not only will I have more money for beer, but I will get better nutrition if I make my own sandwiches.

So far, I have made it one day. That is close to a record for me as far as goal setting.

No comments: