Friday, March 13, 2015

Colon Success

I have returned from my Colonoscopy where Dr. Fitterer found one polyp. It is being sent to the lab for a biopsy.

The procedure was a breeze. The night before is torture. I had to drink a gallon of this powdered juice that turns your poo into a waterfall that can explode at any time with no warning. 

The deal was to drink 8 ounces every 15 minutes until the juice is gone. That took from 5:30 to 9:00. It tastes just this side of horrible and I wanted with all my heart to toss it down the drain before it was finished. But I also wanted to honestly prepare for the procedure as I was directed to. I went to bed a little before 11:00 after my last session on the toilet.

When I woke up this morning, I weighed in at 211.6. I'm sure that's not going to hold.

Especially since we stopped at Dolly's Cafe for breakfast once I was released. 

We reported at 8 and we were walking into Dolly's at 11:00.

Whatever the sedative is they gave me, it did not put me out. But it did make me goofy. It took about 45 minutes for the goofiness too wear off and then I was released. I took a nap for about two hours when we got home.

Now I feel great! It's a beautiful warm day out and I'm going to go on a walk and then work in the yard a bit.

No comments: